Your rights for speeding driving offences

Thousands of us every year are caught speeding all over the uk.

If you are caught exceeding the speed limit by the police or a safety camera then the police may give you a verbal warning, offer you a chance to take one of their speed awareness courses which you will have to pay for, but may be cheaper than the speeding fine, they may issue you with a fixed penalty notice with a fine and points on your licence.

In some circumstances they may prosecute you for speeding. This means you will have to go to court and face a large fine and maybe even a disqualification. If you have been prosecuted then it is very important to seek specialist legal advice.

If you have been prosecuted for speeding and want some help finding a solicitor then please contact us, we are more than happy to help.

Drink Driving Offence

You can re apply for your driving license only once your driving ban has ended. If you apply any sooner you might have to wait even longer before you can drive again

If this it is your first conviction most insurers will ask if you have any convictions in the last 5 years. But the convictin will stay on your record with the DVLA for over 10 years

Yes. Only a uniformed constable can stop you, they must have goon reason to suspect you have been driving, attempting to drive, or in charge of a vehicle with alcohol in your body or you've committed a motoring offence.

Careless Driving

Careless diriving is when your standard of driving is considered to be below what is expected of a reasonable and prudent driver. You do not have to be driving a motor vehicle to be charged with this offence, you can be driving any mechanically propelled motor vehicle. The driving offence does not have to take place on a public road either, the offence can be committed on any place which the public have access.

It is possible depending on how serious your offence is. You can lose between 3 - 9 points on your license and recieve up to a �2,500 fine. It is always best be represented in court to help avoid losing your license.

It is not compulsory to have a solicitor, but highly advisable to seek some kind of legal advice. If you have a defence a solicitor can help fight your corner.