Drink Driver Rehabilitation Course

After being convicted of drink driving the court may give you the option to attend a drink drivers rehabilitation course if they feel that you will benefit from it. It is entirely up to you to attend the course, and there will be a charge for attending but you may be able to take 25% of time off the length of your ban.

The purpose of this course is to teach you the effects of drinking alcohol over a wide range of issues. It is not intended to discipline you for you drink driving offence.

You will have to successfully complete the course by attending each session, (usually 6) and then you will receive your certificate which you can use to inform the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agent of your reduced disqualification.

You must complete the course at least 2 months prior to the end of the reduced period of your driving bad.

Click here to visit the gov.uk website page on rehabilitation courses.

Drink Driving Offence

You can re apply for your driving license only once your driving ban has ended. If you apply any sooner you might have to wait even longer before you can drive again

If this it is your first conviction most insurers will ask if you have any convictions in the last 5 years. But the convictin will stay on your record with the DVLA for over 10 years

Yes. Only a uniformed constable can stop you, they must have goon reason to suspect you have been driving, attempting to drive, or in charge of a vehicle with alcohol in your body or you've committed a motoring offence.

Careless Driving

Careless diriving is when your standard of driving is considered to be below what is expected of a reasonable and prudent driver. You do not have to be driving a motor vehicle to be charged with this offence, you can be driving any mechanically propelled motor vehicle. The driving offence does not have to take place on a public road either, the offence can be committed on any place which the public have access.

It is possible depending on how serious your offence is. You can lose between 3 - 9 points on your license and recieve up to a �2,500 fine. It is always best be represented in court to help avoid losing your license.

It is not compulsory to have a solicitor, but highly advisable to seek some kind of legal advice. If you have a defence a solicitor can help fight your corner.