How to appeal a parking ticket

If you have been issued a parking and I’m guessing if you’re reading this page you have, then please see below the reasons you are legally allowed to argue your ticket.

1. The Contravention did not occur.

Basically this means that you shouldn’t have been given a ticket, for example there were no signs around the area you parked, or if you were allowed to park there at a particular time, you can use this complaint if the warden has made an error when issuing the parking ticket, so always check the times dates car details, because even if it’s a small typo then the ticket is wrong.

2. The penalty exceeds the relevant amount.

The is very uncommon but always check the amount the fine is and if it seems very high then double check with you council how much the fine should be. If the ticket is over that fine then you could get away without any fine at all.

3. The traffic regulation order is invalid.

If there is incorrect information on the ticket, eg. The wrong number plate wrong car type or colour, wrong times or dates then use this properly. Also check with your council if you have been issued any other tickets because they will be put on the system, because sometimes the traffic warden will make a mistake on the ticket and cancel it to correct the changes, therefore if he has made a mistake on the first ticket then he can not change it the second time so you will be able to have the ticket cancelled.

4. I was not the owner of the vehicle when the alleged contravention occurred.

This happens quite often and you will need evidence and details of the person you sold the car to.

5. The vehicle had been taken without my consent when the alleged contravention occurred

You will need to have reported your car lost or stolen if this has happened, so you wont we able to blame it on a friend. If your car has been reported lost or stolen then provide details of the crime number when you are arguing your ticket.

Drink Driving Offence

You can re apply for your driving license only once your driving ban has ended. If you apply any sooner you might have to wait even longer before you can drive again

If this it is your first conviction most insurers will ask if you have any convictions in the last 5 years. But the convictin will stay on your record with the DVLA for over 10 years

Yes. Only a uniformed constable can stop you, they must have goon reason to suspect you have been driving, attempting to drive, or in charge of a vehicle with alcohol in your body or you've committed a motoring offence.

Careless Driving

Careless diriving is when your standard of driving is considered to be below what is expected of a reasonable and prudent driver. You do not have to be driving a motor vehicle to be charged with this offence, you can be driving any mechanically propelled motor vehicle. The driving offence does not have to take place on a public road either, the offence can be committed on any place which the public have access.

It is possible depending on how serious your offence is. You can lose between 3 - 9 points on your license and recieve up to a �2,500 fine. It is always best be represented in court to help avoid losing your license.

It is not compulsory to have a solicitor, but highly advisable to seek some kind of legal advice. If you have a defence a solicitor can help fight your corner.