Failure to stop/report an accident

Both of these driving offences are very serious and are often misunderstood.

If you have had a driving accident then you must stop at the scene whether it was your fault or not.

You must converse with the other drivers involved and exchange contact and insurance details, whether or not there was any collision.

If you fail to stop after an accident for whatever reason then you must report the accident as soon as you can and give details of why you were not able to stop. Even if you have a perfectly good reason for leaving the scene and not exchanging details it is still likely that you will be charged and have to appear in court.

If you hit a road sign, lamppost or even a tree then you should still report the accident to the police.

If you have been charged with Failing to report an accident and are due to appear in court, please contact a solicitor and get specialist legal advice. Please use our solicitor search to find a solicitor near you.

Drink Driving Offence

You can re apply for your driving license only once your driving ban has ended. If you apply any sooner you might have to wait even longer before you can drive again

If this it is your first conviction most insurers will ask if you have any convictions in the last 5 years. But the convictin will stay on your record with the DVLA for over 10 years

Yes. Only a uniformed constable can stop you, they must have goon reason to suspect you have been driving, attempting to drive, or in charge of a vehicle with alcohol in your body or you've committed a motoring offence.

Careless Driving

Careless diriving is when your standard of driving is considered to be below what is expected of a reasonable and prudent driver. You do not have to be driving a motor vehicle to be charged with this offence, you can be driving any mechanically propelled motor vehicle. The driving offence does not have to take place on a public road either, the offence can be committed on any place which the public have access.

It is possible depending on how serious your offence is. You can lose between 3 - 9 points on your license and recieve up to a �2,500 fine. It is always best be represented in court to help avoid losing your license.

It is not compulsory to have a solicitor, but highly advisable to seek some kind of legal advice. If you have a defence a solicitor can help fight your corner.