Drink Driving Offences


Driving or attempting to drive with alcohol level above the limit.


Driving or attempting to drive while unfit through drink.


Driving or attempting to drive then failing to supply a specimen for analysis.

The above offences will stay on your licence for at least 11 years.


In charge of a vehicle while alcohol level above limit.


In charge of a vehicle while unfit through drink.


Failure to provide a specimen for analysis in circumstances other than driving or attempting to drive.


Failing to provide specimen for breath test

What is the drink driving limit

In the UK the drink driving limit is 35 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. In blood it is 80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood and in urine it is 107 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of urine.

Drink Driving Offence

You can re apply for your driving license only once your driving ban has ended. If you apply any sooner you might have to wait even longer before you can drive again

If this it is your first conviction most insurers will ask if you have any convictions in the last 5 years. But the convictin will stay on your record with the DVLA for over 10 years

Yes. Only a uniformed constable can stop you, they must have goon reason to suspect you have been driving, attempting to drive, or in charge of a vehicle with alcohol in your body or you've committed a motoring offence.

Careless Driving

Careless diriving is when your standard of driving is considered to be below what is expected of a reasonable and prudent driver. You do not have to be driving a motor vehicle to be charged with this offence, you can be driving any mechanically propelled motor vehicle. The driving offence does not have to take place on a public road either, the offence can be committed on any place which the public have access.

It is possible depending on how serious your offence is. You can lose between 3 - 9 points on your license and recieve up to a �2,500 fine. It is always best be represented in court to help avoid losing your license.

It is not compulsory to have a solicitor, but highly advisable to seek some kind of legal advice. If you have a defence a solicitor can help fight your corner.