Drink Driving Information

If you have recently been charged with drink driving and are due to attend court then you can find all the information you need on this section of the website.

First of all we would strongly recomend that you take legal advice please see the find a solicitor page for help finding a solicitor

Please chose from the links below to find out more on drink driving.

A conviction for drink driving will lead to at least a 12-month driving ban and a fine.

If you have been caught drink driving and are due to appear in court, it is important that you know your rights and seek lega advice from a specialist motoring offences solicitor.

We hope that you find our drink driving section of the website useful if you have any questions that we have not help answer on the website then please get in touch

Drink Driving Offence

You can re apply for your driving license only once your driving ban has ended. If you apply any sooner you might have to wait even longer before you can drive again

If this it is your first conviction most insurers will ask if you have any convictions in the last 5 years. But the convictin will stay on your record with the DVLA for over 10 years

Yes. Only a uniformed constable can stop you, they must have goon reason to suspect you have been driving, attempting to drive, or in charge of a vehicle with alcohol in your body or you've committed a motoring offence.

Careless Driving

Careless diriving is when your standard of driving is considered to be below what is expected of a reasonable and prudent driver. You do not have to be driving a motor vehicle to be charged with this offence, you can be driving any mechanically propelled motor vehicle. The driving offence does not have to take place on a public road either, the offence can be committed on any place which the public have access.

It is possible depending on how serious your offence is. You can lose between 3 - 9 points on your license and recieve up to a �2,500 fine. It is always best be represented in court to help avoid losing your license.

It is not compulsory to have a solicitor, but highly advisable to seek some kind of legal advice. If you have a defence a solicitor can help fight your corner.