Controlled Zone parking Tickets

Where parking is restricted in an area it is known as a controlled zone. It means that single yellow lines do not need to be signed individually. Parking bays must be signed if they have different terms from the controlled zone terms which you will see on the sign for the zone. For example if the parking bays are business bays only or for residents.

When the signs are erected, they must follow procedure and it’s always worth double checking that the sign has been installed correctly because if it isn’t you should be able to appeal you ticket.

While your checking the signs, its worth measuring the width of the parking bays and making sure that the line are painted correctly just to make sure the parking ticket is valid.

One last tip! Always call the local council and check the ticket hasn’t already been issues, sometimes if the traffic warden has made a mistake on the ticket they will cancel it and create another one. You can’t be given 2 tickets for the same offence so the council must go by the first one which will be invalid, this happens quite often, but youll find it hard to get the information of the first ticket from the council.

Drink Driving Offence

You can re apply for your driving license only once your driving ban has ended. If you apply any sooner you might have to wait even longer before you can drive again

If this it is your first conviction most insurers will ask if you have any convictions in the last 5 years. But the convictin will stay on your record with the DVLA for over 10 years

Yes. Only a uniformed constable can stop you, they must have goon reason to suspect you have been driving, attempting to drive, or in charge of a vehicle with alcohol in your body or you've committed a motoring offence.

Careless Driving

Careless diriving is when your standard of driving is considered to be below what is expected of a reasonable and prudent driver. You do not have to be driving a motor vehicle to be charged with this offence, you can be driving any mechanically propelled motor vehicle. The driving offence does not have to take place on a public road either, the offence can be committed on any place which the public have access.

It is possible depending on how serious your offence is. You can lose between 3 - 9 points on your license and recieve up to a �2,500 fine. It is always best be represented in court to help avoid losing your license.

It is not compulsory to have a solicitor, but highly advisable to seek some kind of legal advice. If you have a defence a solicitor can help fight your corner.