What happens after being caught speeding?

After being caught speeding, the registered keeper of the car you were speeding in will receive a Notice of Intended Prosecution detailing the offence and a Section 172 notice.

You must respond to the notice within 28 days using the Section 172 Notice to nominate the speeding driver. If you do not respond then this will be another offence and could result in you receiving a fine or penalty point even if it wasn’t you speeding.

If a police officer stops you for speeding then they can give you a verbal warning of prosecution instead, An NIP is not required if the offence happened as part of a road traffic accident.


If you need anymore help then please fill in this form and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Drink Driving Offence

You can re apply for your driving license only once your driving ban has ended. If you apply any sooner you might have to wait even longer before you can drive again

If this it is your first conviction most insurers will ask if you have any convictions in the last 5 years. But the convictin will stay on your record with the DVLA for over 10 years

Yes. Only a uniformed constable can stop you, they must have goon reason to suspect you have been driving, attempting to drive, or in charge of a vehicle with alcohol in your body or you've committed a motoring offence.

Careless Driving

Careless diriving is when your standard of driving is considered to be below what is expected of a reasonable and prudent driver. You do not have to be driving a motor vehicle to be charged with this offence, you can be driving any mechanically propelled motor vehicle. The driving offence does not have to take place on a public road either, the offence can be committed on any place which the public have access.

It is possible depending on how serious your offence is. You can lose between 3 - 9 points on your license and recieve up to a �2,500 fine. It is always best be represented in court to help avoid losing your license.

It is not compulsory to have a solicitor, but highly advisable to seek some kind of legal advice. If you have a defence a solicitor can help fight your corner.